Jeffrey A Zolonz
Mr. Zolonz commenced his study and analysis of business and labor issues while attending college at the University of Southern California. Mr. Zolonz majored in business administration with an emphasis in industrial relations. He was selected to participate in the schools prestigious and unique interacted studies program. While attending college he was selected as a Dean's List Scholar, seven out of eight semesters.
Mr. Zolonz studied International Business Management throughout Europe while participating in a special program at the University of Southern California. He published a comparative analysis involving multi-national corporations. He graduated with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration with Honors. While attending law school Mr. Zolonz achieved the highest overall grade in labor law.
Initially Mr. Zolonz commenced the practice of workers' compensation involving the rights of injured workers. He has been practicing workers' compensation law in excess of 27 years. He has been a certified specialist in the area of workers' compensation for approximately 15 years.
Mr. Zolonz has extensive trial and appellate practice and has several published cases involving important workers' compensation issues. He has written and has been requested to speak on various issues concerning the various issues concerning workers compensation. One hundred percent of his practice is devoted to workers' compensation law. He has acted in the capacity of a Judge Pro Tem at the Workers' Compensation Appeals Board and has been selected as an independent arbitrator many times.
Areas of Practice
- 100% Workers' Compensation Law
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Workers Compensation, The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization, 1992
- California, 1976
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1977
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1977
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1977
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1977
- Whittier College School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 1976
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California
- B.S. cum laude - 1973
- Honors: Dean's List Scholar
- Major: Business Administration
- Helmsman Management Services
- Crawford & Co.
- Gab Robbins
- Speaker and Lecturer: Practice & Procedure in Workers' Compensation Law
- Instructor, Eugene Marias Rating Permanent Disabilities Basic and Advanced Rating, Workers' Compensation Law, USC Law Center
- Multiple CEB Courses
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Workers' Compensation Defense Attorneys Association, Member
- Workers' Compensation Appeals Board, Judge Pro Tem
- Workers' Compensation Litigation, Arbitrator
Past Employment Positions
- Sacks, Rivera & Zolonz, Partner, 1985 - Present
- Liebman & Reiner, Associate Attorney, 1984 - 1985
- John I. Gilman, 1984
- Pierson & Pierson, Associate Counsel, 1980 - 1984
- Law Offices of Steven I Roseman, Associate Counsel, 1979 - 1980
- Pratt & Berman, Associate Counsel, 1976 - 1979